Bookstore Manager at Magasin III Jaffa Books
Magasin III Jaffa is looking for a manager for an art bookstore to be opened soon.
Magasin III, a private museum of contemporary art founded in 1987, is located in Stockholm, Sweden. The museum is one of Europe’s leading institutions for contemporary art. In January 2018 Magasin III opened its permanent satellite space in Jaffa. Located in a residential neighborhood in the center of Jaffa, Magasin III Jaffa’s diverse program features both local and international artists.
In the coming months, in addition to its activity, Magasin III Jaffa will open an Art bookstore.
This position includes a wide-range tasks of a varied nature. The role requires high level of integrity, working independently and periodically at a high pace. You should have good communication skills, be responsible, well-organized and service-oriented. The position includes an opportunity to work with local culture figures, and art institutions and education entities worldwide.
- Hebrew – as mother tongue, and excellent English – speaking reading and writing
- Work experience in a bookstore, or related retail experience – previous management positions is a plus.
- Academic Art History or art studies background is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of computer usage (word, excel, google drive, basic photography and editing software, WordPress, MacOS applications, etc.)
- Knowledge in social media (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Responsible, Excellent interpersonal skills, Excellent verbal and written communicative ability in English
Scope of position: 75%
Trial period: 3 months
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Creating a catalogue for the store
- Working with distributors and publishers
- Responsible for orders and inventory
- Bookkeeping as required
- Selling and advising to clients, private and institutional
- Keeping store in order, Maintenance of space and different utilities
- Responsible for website and online selling
- Supervising seller or sellers • Complete activity reports and follow up working plans
- Social media, Facebook, Instagram and website updates
- Reporting to General Manager of Magasin III Jaffa